How We Provide Music Startups with an Unfair Advantage
THE VENUE BERLIN OPENS ITS DOORS
Media entrepreneurs, an initiative of Our shareholder Axel Springer, Europe’s leading digital publisher, launches THE VENUE BERLIN. It’s a place for musicians, producers, journalists, students and entrepreneurs, located in Berlin-Kreuzberg. It will be the unfair advantage for any startup in our accelerator program which works on a music-related topic.
THE VENUE BERLIN offers:
- 3,200 ft2 of co-working space and services to work, play, record, and produce
- Startup acceleration powered by prize-winning Axel Springer Plug and Play Accelerator, including music specific workshops and a deep network
- 104 years of renowned music journalism next door: Rolling Stone, Musikexpress, Metal Hammer
- 20 radio entrepreneurs working on the future of audio entertainment
- A stage for music events and networking between the shapers of tomorrow’s music industry
- A studio for audio and radio productions
- Coffee, beer, vinyl and other goodies as fuel for hard work and compensation for short nights
- Space for music enthusiasts to come together, collaborate and create great things.
HOW DO STARTUPS AND MUSIC FIT TOGETHER?
Music has always and globally engaged people, throughout all cultures and times. At the very core of a business music can be a strong driver of user engagement. It is linked to all sorts of services or offerings. How can start-ups benefit from this and build a viable product? We believe that companies can find answers to this question when they radically rethink the way music is created, produced, distributed, consumed and stored. Utilizing technologies such as block chain, virtual and augmented reality or machine learning will empower music startups to build products users love. Based on this, we think that music start-ups need a music hub. That’s why we are very happy to now have this special add-on which we can offer to every music-related company in our accelerator program.
How can entrepreneurs become part of THE VENUE BERLIN? All they need to do is apply and be accepted for our 100-day accelerator program. Application deadline for our next program is March 26th and the program begins on May 15th.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Digital companies with an innovative and scalable business model can apply. Topics we find relevant for THE VENUE BERLIN include:
- Products which enable artists to be more creative and to better collaborate with one another
- Solutions fostering content creation and curation
- Connecting artists and consumers (like our portfolio company Book a Street Artist does)
- Products which augment sound experiences by utilizing new technologies
- Companies which tackle the management of rights and royalties